Connect with us

News

Hoodlums Attack Fuji Star Obesere, Injure Media Manager, Steal Bag Of Money At Burial Ceremony In Ondo

Published

on

For advert placement, news publication, event coverage and promotions, call or Whatapp; +2349037160966

Popular Fuji musician Alhaji Abass Akande Obesere and his team were reportedly attacked on Friday, November 21, 2025 at a burial ceremony in Okitipupa, Ondo State.

This was disclosed in a statement signed by Ayonla Obesere Althentic, media manager to Obesere.

Ayonla said the incident occurred after Obesere concluded his performance and they were preparing to leave the venue.

“Large groups of touts surrounded the area. One group converged on my location because I was carrying the bag of money. Despite our efforts to leave peacefully, my principal and I were aggressively confronted. The assailants demanded that I hand over the bag; when I refused, a violent struggle ensued,” he explained.

He described sustaining serious injuries during the attack, including a dislocated shoulder and multiple blows, some involving a knife.

“During the attack I was beaten and my shoulder was dislocated as a result of the struggle. I was also struck with a knife while attempting to get into the car; I cannot confirm a stabbing wound but I sustained several blows and am in significant pain,” Ayonla said.

“The attackers overpowered me and made away with the bag of money. At the same time, another group continued to manhandle Alhaji Abass Akande Obesere even after he attempted to placate them by giving money.”

He added that he later guided Obesere into their vehicle to seek safety and medical attention.

“We condemn this criminal and violent behaviour in the strongest terms. Such attacks on performers, their teams, and mourners at a burial ceremony are unacceptable,” he said.

The media manager confirmed that the incident had been reported to the Okitipupa Police Division and urged local authorities to investigate and prosecute the perpetrators.

He also appealed to fans, event organizers, and the public to “refrain from violence and to respect the safety of performers, their teams, and mourners.”

Ayonla expressed gratitude to those who assisted at the scene and to local security and health personnel. He said further updates would be issued as appropriate.


For advert placement, news publication, event coverage and promotions, call or Whatapp; +2349037160966
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow us on Facebook

Recent Posts

Trending